Everything You Need to Make your Hive Thrive!Book - 2017
Learn everything you need to know to start your colony with this straightforward, highly visual guide for beginning beekeepers.
Featuring more than 120 color photos, Beginning Beekeeping will teach any beginner how to foster and maintain healthy, vibrant colonies. You'll learn how to set up a colony and attract bees, how to incorporate best practices and techniques for keeping colonies strong, and how to troubleshoot and treat a broad range of common hive issues. Along the way, you'll learn how to harvest your honey and keep your bees healthy and happy.
Included in Beginning Beekeeping:
· Practical information on how a hive works, how and where to set up hives for maximum success, buying and installing bees, feeding bees, and more, with recommendations for both urban and rural settings
· Effective treatment recommendations for dealing with common hive pests and diseases including mites, foulbrood, and colony collapse disorder (CCD), with recommendations for both conventional and organic treatments
· Tips for dealing with common hive issues such as swarming, robbing, absconding, as well as guidance for managing aggressive hives and tips for keeping a queenright colony
· Instructions for enjoying rich, bountiful honey harvests, and instructions for processing and storing the honey and wax from your hives, as well how to make products from your harvest
· Seasonal guidance to ensure your hives return healthy and strong each and every year
If you're new to beekeeping, Beginning Beekeeping is the perfect companion to get you started!